BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
It is highly recommended that students bring their own device to college.
A suitable BYOD approved device should be:
- An inexpensive laptop or tablet (Windows 7/8/10, MacOS, Chromebook, Android and iPad devices are supported).
- Have a physical keyboard for typing.
- Have a 2.4GHz or 5GHz 802.11n/ac wireless network capability.
- Have a long-lasting battery to survive a college day without recharging.
- Have a strong protective case to prevent breakages.
- Have up-to-date system software and anti-virus installed to prevent loss of work.
- Have a modern web browser (such as IE 11, Safari, Chrome or Firefox) to run educational software such as Google Classroom.
If you wish to purchase a BYOD device for college but aren't sure where to start, come and see our friendly IT support staff for advice on what to look for and special student deals available from local suppliers.
Click here (pdf 77 KB) to read our official BYOD policy document.